• The Site
  • Contacts


  • The Site

    Located in the riverside area of the city and inaugurated on 14th July 2014, this archeological site is housed in a building which is one of the most representative examples of 16th century civil architecture in Lisbon, apart from being home to memories where 2000 years of historical vestiges converge, namely, parts of the Roman city wall of Lisbon and cetaria, from a Roman factory which made fish preserves and sauces, mainly destined for exportation.  

    This site has a long-term exhibition and is an archeological dig site.

    Contacts

    Rua dos Bacalhoeiros, 10
    1100-135 Lisboa
    Tel: 210 993 811
    museudelisboa@cm-lisboa.pt